1. More colleges than Boston.
Two Ivy League schools in an hours drive, dozens of excellent universities.
2. One of the world’s biggest city parks.
3. America’s 2nd-largest shopping mall.
King of Prussia complex is up there with the Mall of America.
4. Half of the American population is within a two-hour drive.
Great for your business. Not so great if you’re trying to avoid annoying relatives. But still.
5. Midway between DC and New York.
No need to drive, either. Amtrak is excellent. Manhattan is an easy day trip and a do-able commute of about 75 minutes by train.
6. Midway between the mountains and the beach.
7. Great BYOBs
Philadelphia is not just famous for restaurants, but for bring-your-own bottle restaurants. A huge savings for thousands of Philadelphia foodies.
8. Easy flights in and out of Europe.
Travel veterans know it: Philadelphia customs is a faster process than New York’s.
9. And then there’s Delaware.
Forty minutes down 95 and no sales tax on anything. Enough said.
10. More Impressionists than Paris.
Philadelphia’s museums have the largest collection of Impressionist paintings outside France. So there.