Forget advertising in the local newspapers and don’t depend on open houses. To successfully promote your property to the market it is important to know how buyers find homes.
Just how important is your homes presence on the internet? The Pennsylvania Association of Realtors track statistics of home buyers and sellers and every year release the information in report form: 2008 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers Pennsylvania Report (pdf).
- 37% of recent buyers reported that their first step in the home-buying process was looking online for properties for sale. 9% of first-time buyers and 21% of repeat buyers reported their first step was to contact a real estate agent.
- 89% of home buyers used the Internet to search for homes.
- The typical home buyer searched for a home for a median 12 weeks and saw a median 10 homes.
- 90% of home buyers used a real estate professional during their home search.
- Among home buyers, the typical Internet searcher was 36 years old and visited a median 10 homes. The typical home buyer who did not use the Internet to search for homes was 54 years old and saw a median 6 homes.
- 35% of home buyers first learned about the home they purchased from a real estate professional; 39% first learned about the home they purchased through the Internet.
- Real estate agents were viewed as a very useful information source by 81% of buyers, and as a somewhat useful information source by an additional 16% of buyers searching for a home.
Your homes internet presence is the new curb appeal.
Our marketing strategies are designed to target the major buyer resources found in the consumer research chart above because they are most likely to result in a buyer for your home. We deliver. Period.
Can your home be found online, or for that matter how about your real estate agent?
LIST WITH US and give your home the exposure it deserves and GET IT SOLD